The General Counsel/Legal Director is a strategic business partner responsible for providing legal and corporate governance within the organization in this region. He/she will provide legal advice and validation on contracts, marketing, sales, distribution.
- In charge of i) Corporate laws, ii) Commercial Laws and Contract Management, iii) IP Protections, iv) Marketing Claims Review, v) Non-Competition, vi) Data Protection, vii) Employment lawsScope: Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Japan, Australia and countries where we have 3rd party distributors
- Provide proactive legal advice to achieve business and strategic objectives while fully and appropriately managing and leveraging legal risk.
- Support stakeholders in this region on corporate law operation related matters in close collaboration with the Group’s Legal team.
- Identify and assess legal risks related to Remy’s business strategy to address and minimize such risks in an efficient fashion to maximize achievement of business objectives.
- Support and take the lead in negotiating and preparing complex distribution contracts, commercial agreements, procurement agreements, employment-law/social security related agreements. Monitor contract processes to ensure that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and organisation’s contractual guidelines and policies.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop legal policies, processes, regulatory and compliance frameworks, and provide education and training where needed.
- Be an active member of the Remy Cointreau Legal network, lead by the Group General Counsel and build strong connections with the legal team of Remy Cointreau Chinese legal entity
- Partner with Compliance team in ensuring compliance to data protection regulations within local regulations as well as the Group’s guidelines.